With the year coming to an end, we thought it is a perfect time to offer you a new start by challenging you with some new tools that can roll you in to the New Year with a bang! You can actually improve your life and bring out your true essence. We all need a little push every now and then and since most of us make New Year resolutions, why not get a jump start on some new changes before the New Year?
We have all heard the quote by Gandhi, “Be the change you wish to see it the world”, however do you really know how that works? When we make changes for the better, people and circumstances around us have no choice but to change as well. We are changing our vibrational frequency and people can sense that. As we choose to honor the voice of Love or the God within us, and allow that Love to radiate from us, our vibrational frequency is elevated. This vibration then brings more love and happiness to us though people and circumstances.
We are offering you 25 days of challenges to help you create a better life and help change the world we live in. To maximize your personal experience, many of these can be practiced on a daily basis. So, let’s get Started!
- When you first wake up in the morning, bless and express gratitude for anything you can in your life. This can be as simple as being grateful for the cozy bed you slept in, the people in your life, or your car.
- Offer compassion to someone that may be having a bad day. You never know what they have going on and their mood has less to do with you and more to do with their own stuff.
- Make a list of 20 of your greatest qualities. If you can’t come up with that many, ask loved ones around you what they like about you. Some of us may be too humble to admit and that is when it is even more crucial to do this.
- Spend at least 10 minutes alone with yourself and be still. Observe your thoughts and see if you can quiet your mind. Focusing on your breathing is a useful technique to quiet your mind.
- Do something nice for someone you don’t know. Pay it forward! Pay for a food / drink order for the person behind you at the drive thru or just pay a kind compliment to a stranger. We purchased $5 Starbucks gift cards and handed them out to random employees who went above and beyond and random people who look like they needed a little something to brighten their day. It is so nice to make someone’s day and makes you feel good at the same time.
- Leave kind little notes around the house for your child, partner or loved one. If you live alone, leave little notes to yourself in places that you will find them at a later date.
- Get rid of something or things that you no longer need. By removing clutter and extra stuff from our lives, it brings more good energy back to us. The more we have, the more energy we are extending.
- Forgive someone for a grudge that you may have been holding onto. Un-forgiveness is like drinking poison hoping the other person will die. It is only hurting ourselves and chances are the other person probably has long forgotten the wrongdoing. You don’t have to speak to them, you can write a letter and not mail it. It is a way to release something that is sucking energy from us.
- If you are frustrated about someone or something, make a list of all the positive things about that person or situation. If your partner irritates you at the moment, make a list of all the things that caused you to fall in love with them in the first place. If it is a job, make a list of the great coffee, the friendly receptionist, the nice landscaping, etc.
- Start focusing on what you do want, not the negatives in your life or in a particular situation, such as work. We are so consumed about talking about what we don’t like and how bad our job is and how broke we are. Start talking ONLY about what you want. We attract what we talk about so think about that… lack brings lack, misery only brings more misery and gratitude brings more opportunities for gratitude. You decide what you want!
- Keep the TV off for a day. Avoid the news and reading about the news. Media is meant to keep us in a place of fear, which robs us from positive energy. Watch or read things that only make you feel good. On days you do watch TV, avoid the news, first thing in the morning and a few hours before you go to bed. The negativity from some of the news, will stay with you through the day or impact your sleep.
- Counteract one of your negative beliefs about something by repeating a phrase that brings you happiness. If you feel like there is never enough money, tell yourself that “there is always enough money and the Universe / God always provides”. If you feel like you can never lose weight, say, “ I am thin and I feel great”. These positive affirmations if done when you are in a relaxed state (when your mind is more receptive) will actually work if you do them on a regular basis.
- Donate things that you don’t need, use or wear anymore. This extends to helping your partner or children de-clutter as well. ( see #7 above)
- Make a commitment to respond or reply to phone calls, texts promptly. The biggest complaint we have heard is that people don’t extend the courtesy of a timely response when they reach out to someone. It is a bad habit and it is not being kind to one another.
- Stop using the terms, “maybe”, “might”, “possibly” and “I think”. They are passive and show uncertainty and lack of commitment. Start being more confident in your communications and less vague. We have found that many people don’t want to commit to invitations and leave the other person hanging. Commit or let them know you won’t be able to make the invitation. It is the polite thing to do.
- Learn something new. Take a class, read up on a new subject or ask someone to share something interesting that they may know. StumbledUpon is a great website/ app that has such great information. Just plug in your interests and you are sent random websites with valuable information.
- Avoid social media! We get sucked in to reading about others lives or bragging about our own. It is an online gossip forum and causes many negative emotions such as FOMO (fear of missing out). Believe us when we say, people only post the part of their lives that paint a pretty picture. We all know they are human and they have bad days too. If you really care about what someone has going on in their life, pick up the phone and call them. Also, the people that care about you will pick up the phone and call you to find out what is new in your life. A true test of who your true “friends” are.
- Reach out and call someone you haven’t spoken to in a while. When someone comes to mind out of the blue, act on it and send them a message or give them a call. There is a reason they came to mind. They may need a friend or may have been thinking of you at the same time.
- Stop looking at your struggles as obstacles and start seeing them as opportunities. When you shift your thinking, you can be in gratitude knowing that whatever you are going through is for your highest and best good even though you may not feel like it at the moment. These seeming obstacles are all opportunities for us to grow.
- Start taking responsibility! The most successful people are those who take responsibility for their lives. When we live in a place of victimhood and blame others, things can never get better and in 99% of situations, we have some responsibility, even if it is only 1%. Find out what it is and own it! If someone slighted you, could it be that you are too trusting or trust the wrong people? Only when you accept responsibility can you start to change your life.
- At the end of your day, sit in a quiet space and reflect on your day. If there are any parts of your day that did not go well, replay them in your mind with a better ending, going the way you wish they would have gone. This tricks your mind in to thinking the better ending was reality. This keeps you from holding on to the negative feelings and puts you into a better place. It really works.
- Meditate. If you have never tried meditation before, it is a great life changing habit to get in to. Studies show that you can lower stress and alleviate health issues and some people have claimed healing serious health conditions. Calming your mind is like working a new muscle. It takes time and practice. Start with any guided meditation that can be found on YouTube. Eventually you will be able to meditate on your own. The best times to meditate are when you first wake up and when you are in bed getting ready for sleep. We recommend 15-20 minutes per session.
- Start listening to your intuition. We rely too much on rational thinking and tying to get answers from other people. Take the time to listen to your gut when a small decision has to be made. We have all had moments when we didn’t listen to our intuition and then later found out we were right.
- Send love forward. No matter where you are headed today, send love to whomever you will be meeting. Whether it is the dentist, grocer or work appointment. Pass that love on. Like gratitude, when we send love out, it will come back to us.
- Step away from the drama. When you are in a situation where there is drama or someone just wants to talk about drama, challenge yourself to either redirect the conversation to something more positive, or remove yourself from the conversation altogether. Drama sucks positive energy from you and lowers your vibration. Other people may be swimming in the pool of crap but it doesn’t mean that you have to jump in and join them.
We hope that you are able to challenge yourself with each of these at least one time over the next 25 days. Maybe some of these can become new, healthy habits for you, which in time will provide evidence in your life.
So now, it’s up to you…stop expecting others to change and YOU “Be the change!”
About the Author
Tracy Todaro is an award winning best-selling Author and Certified Life Coach and is Co-Founder of Invigorated Solutions. For more information and great articles, Click Here to visit Invigorated Solutions.
Like What You are Reading? CLICK HERE to sign up for our Newsletters
Published by: Invigorated Solutions. Bob and Tracy are Co-Founders of Invigorated Solutions. Tracy is a certified Life Coach specializing in life transition coaching, career changes, major life changes and family matters. Both can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow @invigorsolution on Twitter
- Visit our website: http://www.invigoratedsolutions.com/
- Like our Facebook Page
- Pin Us on Pinterest!
- Follow Invigorated Solutions on Tumblr
About Invigorated Solutions
Passionate about life, learning, love and sharing their experiences of life, Bob & Tracy enjoy sharing their invigorated (energizing) solutions / advice and useful life tips for living life to the fullest on their popular life development blog, “Invigorated Solutions”. Click HERE to visit our website for more valuable information.