When we don’t feel worthy, we may not know how we are supposed to be treated. We all have rights as a living and breathing human being that are a part of our natural birth rights. As children, we may not have been raised to believe we had these rights, however, as a human being we should all be able to be honored when it comes to our personal entitlements. These are unspoken rights that most of us never even realized we had.
Possibly during childhood you may have been treated like you were not important or that you didnt matter. If you were never respected as a human being when you were younger, it will be more difficult to stand up for yourself with others.
Read through this list and notice how you react to each one of these rights. Some of them may feel true and some may cause you to expereince some discomfort because they do not stand true for you. If you grew up in a dysfunctional home, it may be difficult to believe that you had the right to much. This is where you can start to practice self-love and practice enforcing your rights. There may be pushback from people around you and if that is the case, just be aware it is likely their own discomfort of losing some power over you. Print out the list and read it daily so you can begin to absorb your personal rights. Are any of these difficult for you to practice. If so, ask yourself why. Unovering these blocks will help you face your truth and be able to move forward with more self love.
- I have the right to ask for what I want
- I have the right to say no to requests or demands that I can’t meet
- I have the right to express all of my feelings, positive or negative
- I have the right to change my mind
- I have the right to make mistakes and not have to be perfect
- I have the right to follow my own values and standards
- I have the right to say no to anything when I feel I am not ready, it is unsafe or it violates my values
- I have the right to determine my own priorities
- I have the right to not be responsible for others’ behavior, actions, feelings or problems
- I have the right to expect honesty from others
- I have the right to be angry at someone I love
- I have the right to be uniquely myself
- I have the right to feel scared and say, “I am afraid”
- I have the right to say, “I don’t know”
- I have the right not to give excuses or reasons for my behavior
- I have the right to make decisions based on my feelings
- I have the right to my own needs for personal space and time
- I have the right to be playful and frivolous
- I have the right to be healther than those around me
- I have the right to be in a non-abusive environment
- I have the right to make friends and be comfortable around people
- I have the right to change and grow
- I have the right to have my needs and wants respected by others
- I have the right to be treated with dignity and respect
- I have the right to be happy!
What about you? If you’re trying to change a certain script in your life, start small and experience some success. Build from there. What has been stopping you from moving forward with change? What rituals (or habits) do you want to change in your life? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts.
Are you feeling stuck in your life? Get our FREE Life Discovery Coaching Kit HERE and get your life on track. It is the same coaching layout we use for our paying clients and will easily take you through an actual coaching session.
Published by: Inspired Wisdom Coaching Tracy is a published author and certified Life Coach specializing in life transitions, happiness coaching and manifesting. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow @invigorsolution on Twitter
- Visit our website: http://inspiredwisdomcoaching.com/
- Like our Facebook Page
- Follow Inspired Wisdom Coaching on Tumblr
About Inspired Wisdom Coaching
Passionate about life, learning, love and sharing their experiences, Inspired Wisdom Coaching offers advice and useful life tips for living life to the fullest on their popular life development blog, “Inspired Wisdom”. Click HERE to visit our website for more valuable information.
Are you having a hard time achieving your goals, dreams and desires? You may have false or limiting beliefs deep in your subconscious mind that are keeping you from reaching your full potential. Learn how to break through these beliefs and how they have been created in FORGET WHAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW available on Amazon now.
FINDING YOUR HAPPINESS – 40 Ideas to Inspire You Learn how you can make small shifts in your thinking to bring about large changes in your life. Every step begins with one little decision.